Looking for a new fun place to strap on your skates and hit the ice? The Maple Grove Central Park Ice Skating Loop is an awesome place to go. This is a trail of ice that loops and turns as you go around. It is a great place for new and experienced skaters. Check out this site for more information and photos about this free winter activity, as well as many other things to do locally.
Original Article below is from onlyinyourstate.com by Betsy Rathman
The Central Park Ice Skating Trail In Minnesota Is Positively Enchanting
Winter comes fast in Minnesota! Luckily, our small towns and cities work hard throughout the year to fill the season with fun and festivity. One city in particular, Maple Grove, has many wonderful attractions throughout the chilly season. One of the most popular is an enchanting ice skating trail at Central Park. When you’re looking for a fun activity this winter, tie on your skates and go for a ride on the Central Park Ice Skating Loop. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Central Park Ice Skating Loop is a fun winter activity in Maple Grove, Minnesota. It's just one of many fun activities in the park, but certainly one of the best to do in wintertime!
- The loop is free to visit. All you need to do is bring your skates! If you don't have any, rentals are available.
- Simply tie on your skates and hit the ice! The loop is 20 feet wide and 810 feet long, the perfect size to skate alone or in groups.
- Though ice games are not allowed - leave your hockey sticks at home - the ice skating trail is an excellent way to learn to skate or practice skating this winter.
- Visit at night to see the brightly lit trees that line the trail. You'll enjoy getting out and seeing all that the holiday season in Maple Grove has to offer!
- When you get cold, try warming up by the fire! It's especially lovely at night, when you can enjoy the fire's warm glow.
- No matter when you visit, the Central Park Ice Skating Loop is well worth visiting for both expert and novice ice skaters. It's open throughout the winter season, so be sure to plan a trip!
For more information about the trail, take a look at the Central Park Ice Skating Loop website. For more winter recreation in Minnesota, check out our list of 10 awesome places to visit in Minnesota this winter.
Address: 12000 Central Park Way, Maple Grove, MN 55369, USA